Facing The Giants

Saturday, April 17, 2010

EMPOWERING QUESTIONS FOR A MESS

Here are empowering questions you can ask when you find yourself in a mess. Or vary the questions to assist others in asking for more meaningful information:
What can I learn from this? How have I benefitted from this so far? Who else has benefitted from this? What conditions allowed this situation?
And then:
Am I ready for a different situation? What do I want to bring into my life? What can I do now to change this?
Such questions as these are far more uplifting and encouraging than "Who did what?" Or, "How did I get into this mess?" Or, "Why did this happen?" Of course, there may be times we must also ask and answer questions such as these, but they tend to blame rather than empower. It is helpful to distinguish between empowering and disempowering questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment